* Hospice memorial trees: The public can put ornaments in honour of loved ones on Langley Hospice Society memorial trees. Willowbrook Shopping Centre Dec. 2 to 17, and Otter Co-op Nov. 29 to Dec. 20. Info: 604-530-1115.
* Charity gift wrapping: Dec. 7 to 24, Willowbrook Shopping Centre. Prices start at $3 and 100 per cent of the funds go to the Langley School District Foundation. Info: shopwillowbrook.com.
* Volunteers needed: two hour shifts, daily to Dec. 24, various locations. Help with the Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign as bell ringer. Local kettles raise funds for the Gateway of Hope. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or gatewayofhope.ca.
* Christmas in Williams Park: 5:30 to 9 p.m., Dec. 5 to 17, 6595 238th St,. The park is decorated for the holidays and the public can drive through daily. Free. Volunteers needed for take down (Dec. 18) as well as greeters while the display is open. Info: facebook.com/Christmas-in-Williams-Park-Society.
* Heritage Holiday at the Fort: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 17 to Dec. 31, Fort Langley National Historic Site, 23433 Mavis Ave. Enjoy chestnuts over the fire, heritage activities, kids crafts, a scavenger hunt, a blacksmith demonstration, and more. Info: 604-513-4777.
* Christmas in the Village: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 16, 17 and 18, Fort Langley. Festive market with A Christmas Carol theme. Info: facebook.com/events/901911929938515.
* Mark and Colleen Donnelly: 6 to 11 p.m., Dec. 16, Murrayville Hall, 21667 48th Ave. Music, Santa, appies and dessert, a silent auction, and more. Benefitting the Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation. Tickets: $45 per person at eventbrite (27960004125). Info: 604-220-6590 or email@example.com.
* Belle Voci: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 17, Saints Joachim and Ann Catholic Church, 2827 273rd St. A by-donation concert featuring the a capella singers, Belle Voci.
* Christmas Skate-Tacular: 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Dec. 17, George Preston Recreation Centre. The Langley Skating Club show includes guests Nikolas Wamsteeker and Haley Sales (members of Canada’s Senior Ice Dance Team). Two shows. Tickets: $10 for adults and $5 for those 12 and younger. Info: skatelangley.com.
* The Gift of Christmas: 2:30 to 4 p.m, Dec. 17, George Preston Recreation Centre, 20699 42nd Ave. Langley Aldergrove MP Mark Warawa invites the community to an afternoon of fun. The Langley Ukulele Ensemble and Paul Luongo perform. Cupcakes, hot chocolate and a colouring contest. Kids 12 and younger can colour the picture in the Langley Advance (page A24) on Nov. 24 or download at markwarawa.com. NOTE: Submit entries at the MP constituency office (#104 4769 222nd St.) by Dec. 9. Winners announced at event.
* Candy Cane Run: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Dec. 17, Murrayville. The Township firefighters of Murrayville hall has a holiday convoy with candy canes for kids, carols and fire trucks as they gather up donations for the Langley Food Bank.
* Themes of Christmas: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 18, 20719 48th Ave. (Langley Evangelical Free Church). The Langley Ukulele Ensemble’s annual holiday performance will include a new ensemble. Assigned seating. Tickets: $22.50 adult or $17.50 seniors and under 12.
* Celebrating Christmas: 3 to 6 p.m, Dec. 18, Murrayville Hall, 21667 48th Ave. Enjoy a free community celebration with carols, and apple cider or hot chocolate.
* Family pool fun: 1 to 3 p.m., Dec. 19 to 30, W.C. Blair Recreation Centre or Walnut Grove Community Centre. Regular rates apply. Info: 604-533-6170 or 604-882-0408.
* Holiday craft swim: Dec. 19 to 23, Walnut Grove Community Centre. Christmas break camps for ages three to 12. Info: 604-882-0408.
* Carol sing-along: 2 to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 21, Langley City Library, 20399 Douglas Cres. All ages welcome. Singing led by First Capital Chorus. Free.
* Christmas Eve skate: 1:30 to 3 p.m., Dec. 24, Aldergrove Community Arena, 2882 272nd St., and the George Preston Recreation Centre, 20699 42nd Ave. Drop in rates. Info: tol.ca.
* Christmas dinner: 4 p.m. (doors open), Dec. 25, St. Joseph’s Parish Hall, 20676 Fraser Hwy. St. Joseph’s Church annual dinner is served at 5 p.m. Free. For anyone wanting a traditional Christmas dinner. Need a ride? Call Dan or Joan, 604-534-5028 or Pat, 604-534-3303.