A Langley couple is lighting up their front yard in Langley City for the second year in a row, and the display has only grown.
Troy Warren and his wife Debbie are the duo behind the display that looks like it’s straight out of a Christmas movie.
The Warrens are celebrating their second Christmas at their Langley home, and Troy said there is a lot of new decor to enjoy this year – including many more lights.
“We just moved there last summer (2017), so this is our second year,” said Troy. “We were in Cloverdale before in a townhouse, but it was a small display before because of space.”
And with an entire house as their canvas, the couple set to work to decorate their new abode to look like it was out of a movie.
“I really enjoy Christmas. My idol is definitely Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation,” Troy added, referencing to a holiday movie favourite, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
Visitors can stop and stare at the many strings of lights, inflatables, and festive decorations that adorn the couple’s front yard.
“Growing up, we always had Christmas decorations and Christmas is a big holiday in my family. We’ve always had lots of Christmas decorations,” Troy explained.
And while he may be the one with the over-the-top Christmas spirit, Debbie also takes part in the planning, organizing, and setting up.
“My wife approves too. She helps a lot as well.”
The Warren family display, at 20294 50th Ave., in Langley, will be on each night (from around 4 p.m. until sunrise) through until at least New Year’s Day.
LANGLEY LIGHTS: All lit up
The following are on display now in Langley:
- Sherwood Light Display at 20656 44A Ave. daily from 4 to 10 p.m.
- Candy Cane Lane at 20388 43 Ave. daily from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Dan Warkentin’s lights at 9211 211B St. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and daily from Dec. 14 onward.
- Ron Farmer’s lights at 23924 68th Ave. daily from 5 to 11 p.m.
- The Ilott Christmas Display at 9451 216B St. daily from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Wish Upon a Star at 19367 62A Ave. in Surrey, daily from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Multiple homes are lit up in the blocks of 66 Ave. along 192A St., and 193 St.
- Christmas in Williams Park on 238th Street and 68th Ave. daily until Dec. 22 from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- The Land of Christmas on 20169 32 Ave. from Dec. 7 to 27 from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Troy and Debbie Warren’s light display on 20294 50th Ave. daily until New Year’s Day from 4 p.m. until sunrise.
- James Aylen’s Candy Cane Lane daily at 3632 202 St. from 4 to 11 p.m.
- Holiday inflatables and lights daily at 4284 208th St. until the New Year
- Glow Christmas returns to Langley’s Milner Village Garden Centre until Jan. 19. Tickets required and available online at www.glowgardens.com