Christmas for one Langley family begins well before December, as the Carlsons begin setting up their light display as soon as Halloween is over.
The Carlson family decks out their home in strings of lights and structures all with the intent to give people “something to enjoy,” according to Lindsay Carlson.
Lindsay explained her husband Chris is the mastermind behind the “Christmas at the Carlson” display that spans from the top of their roof to their front yard and fence.
Since October, Chris has spent a couple hours each day setting up the elaborate light display that also flickers to the beat of holiday music.
“He’s just happy to show it off,” added Lindsay.
“We like to go around and look at the lights and he wants to give people something to enjoy. Every year he tries to make it better and better. He’s pretty much done it all himself.”
Lindsay said her husband has been decorating the house for the past eight years and everything from reindeer, snowflakes, nutcrackers, and even unicorns can be seen at the Langley home.
And Chris’ efforts have definitely won the heart of his young kids, Zyler, 7, and Cruz, 4.
“They just love him. They think he’s better than Santa,” said Lindsay.
“He’s been like this before we had kids, but after we had our daughter and son it just amplified. The kids are out there every night and they’re waving to people through the windows. They’re so proud [and] happy.”
On weekdays, the music and lights run from 5 to 8 p.m. and on weekends it runs from 5 to 10 p.m.
The display is at 4726 209 St., and will run until new years.
LANGLEY LIGHTS: All lit up
The following are on display now in Langley:
- Sherwood Light Display at 20656 44A Ave. daily from 4 to 10 p.m.
- Candy Cane Lane at 20388 43 Ave. daily from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Dan Warkentin’s lights at 9211 211B St. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and daily from Dec. 14 onward.
- Ron Farmer’s lights at 23924 68th Ave. daily from 5 to 11 p.m.
- The Ilott Christmas Display at 9451 216B St. daily from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Wish Upon a Star at 19367 62A Ave. in Surrey, daily from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Multiple homes are lit up in the blocks of 66 Ave. along 192A St., and 193 St.
- Christmas in Williams Park on 238th Street and 68th Ave. daily until Dec. 22 from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- The Land of Christmas on 20169 32 Ave. from Dec. 7 to 27 from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Troy and Debbie Warren’s light display on 20294 50th Ave. daily until New Year’s Day from 4 p.m. until sunrise.
- James Aylen’s Candy Cane Lane daily at 3632 202 St. from 4 to 11 p.m.
- Holiday inflatables and lights daily at 4284 208th St. until the New Year
- Cory & Rocco’s light display and more in the west side of 200th on 46th Ave, all day until Dec. 31.
- Glow Christmas returns to Langley’s Milner Village Garden Centre until Jan. 19. Tickets required and available online at www.glowgardens.com