A Christmas display at a house in Langley has grown so large that it overflows into the neighbour’s yard.
Ken Sherwood has been decking his house with lights for the last ten years, and said the display continues to grow.
“Because my display was so big last year, my neighbour offered up his yard and house. I’ve got so many lights that I’ve got to use his place now,” Sherwood laughed.
“Two years ago I purchased about 20,000 lights. Every year it gets bigger and bigger. I have buckets and buckets of lights I couldn’t put up because it was just too much.”
The display has more than 30,000 LED lights and is set up by Sherwood and his family and friends.
Sherwood especially enjoys the family tradition because his 11-year-old son Cameron has been helping decorate the house since he was five.
The family spends countless hours making the house look just right and the hard work pays off.
“Just to see the smiles and the happy people that come by – the seniors, families, kids,” added Sherwood.
Sherwood’s favourite feature of the display is the Christmas music that gets synced to the lights.
Last year was the first year Sherwood made the lights dance to the radio station.
“It was a lot of work last year to get it going, but this year hopefully I’ve got it dialed in.”
The Sherwood Light Display can be seen from Dec. 1 to Jan. 6 at 20656 44A Ave.
Through Sunday to Thursday, the lights are on from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., and on Friday and Saturday, the lights run from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
CALLING ALL CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS:
If you have a Christmas or holiday light display in your yard to share with the community, send us an email with your name, display dates, address, photo, video, and brief description to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Langley Lights’ or call Miranda at 604-514-6752.
LANGLEY LIGHTS: All lit up
The following are on display now in Langley:
- Sherwood Light Display at 20656 44A Ave. daily from 4 to 10 p.m.
- Candy Cane Lane at 20388 43 Ave. daily from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Dan Warkentin’s lights at 9211 211B St. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and daily from Dec. 14 onward.
- Ron Farmer’s lights at 23924 68th Ave. daily from 5 to 11 p.m.
- The Ilott Christmas Display at 9451 216B St. daily from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Wish Upon a Star at 19367 62A Ave. in Surrey, daily from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Multiple homes are lit up in the blocks of 66 Ave. along 192A St., and 193 St.
- Christmas in Williams Park on 238th Street and 68th Ave. daily until Dec. 22 from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Glow Christmas returns to Langley’s Milner Village Garden Centre until Jan. 19. Tickets required and available online at www.glowgardens.com