- Make an Angel Contest Seniors are invited to make an angel and submit it for a holiday contest. Deadline to submit: Dec. 22 at the Angels There for You office, 5423 203rd St. (9 a.m. to 3 pm. Monday to Friday). Winner announced: Dec. 24. $100 prize. Info and registration: 604-271-4427, 604-551-7347, or www.atfy.ca.
- Charity gift wrapping At Willowbrook Shopping Centre daily from Dec. 7 to 24. 100 per cent of proceeds go to the Langley School District Foundation. Located near the Starbucks.
- Donations The Langley Literacy Association provides books for Langley Christmas Bureau gifts to children. The public can donate funds at the Langley Early Years Centre (in Willoughby Elementary) or by mail to the association, 20388 Douglas Cres., V3A 4B3.
- Carolling Everyone is invited to McBurney Plaza on Dec. 23 for carol singing and hot chocolate between 5 and 7 p.m.
- Glow The light display and market at Milner Village Garden Centre, 6690 216th St., is open until Dec. 30. Food trucks, live entertainment, light gardens, pop up shops, and more. Tickets: $19.95 in advance or $25 at the door for adults, $14.95 in advance and $20 at the door for children and seniors. Families: $60 online or $80 at the door. Info: glowchristmas.ca.
- Fort Langley Christmas Free admission for events throughout the day from Dec. 22 to 30 at the Fort Langley National Historic Site. Giant Christmas tree, Kwantlen stories, chestnuts roasting on a fire, cedar ornament making, treats and more. Site closed Dec. 24, 25 and 26.
- Caroling and singalong First Capital Chorus sings and leads carols 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 21 at the Langley City Library. Free. Hot apple cider.
- Pancake breakfast Enjoy breakfast at D.W. Poppy Secondary, 23752 52nd Ave., 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 22, organized up by school breakfast bistro volunteers, home ec. students, leadership students, and the Fort Langley Lions Club. Music by school choirs. Take photos with Santa’s elves. Wear Christmas colours. $2 minimum donation to the breakfast program.
- Christmas workout The deadline to sign up is Dec. 20 for the Fitness Foundation festive workout on Dec. 22 to benefit the food bank. Book sessions at 5, 6 or 7 p.m. Minimum $15 donation to participate. Work out under the Christmas lights and to holiday tunes. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ugly sweater party Kids in Grades 7 to 12 are invited to a party with games, and more from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 23 at the Timms Community Centre. Free.
- Public skate and charity hockey The sixth annual celebration on Dec. 23 has a family skate with Santa from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and the Schreder Brothers real estate team vs Ingram Mortgage team charity hockey tournament at 11:45 a.m. Admission by donation of money or non-perishable food. Benefits the Sources Langley Food Bank. At the Surrey Sport & Leisure Centre – 16555 Fraser Hwy.