- Volunteers Help with Christmas in Williams Park. Set up: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 25 and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 26. Public greeters: Dec. 1 to Dec. 15, 5 to 9:30 p.m. Take down: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 16 and 17. Sign up: 604-532-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carolling Everyone is invited to McBurney Plaza on Dec. 1, 9, 15 and 23 for carol singing and hot chocolate between 5 and 7 p.m.
Nov. 24 and 25
- Church bazaar Saints Joachim and Ann Church, 2827 273rd St., offers crafters, vendors, artisans, dinner Friday and lunch Saturday, bakeshop, entertainment, and more. 4 to 9 p.m. on Nov. 24 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 25. Table rentals: $30-$60. Info: email@example.com.
- Santa photos Book a time for photos Nov. 24 or 25 for people and pets. At the Platinum Showroom, 19985 68th Ave. Proceeds divided between the Bradley McPherson Memorial Fundraiser for students with ADD/ADHD and the Langley Christmas Bureau. Info: facebook.com/events/348208238973391/.
- Holiday craft fair Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at the Langley Seniors Resource Centre fair on Nov. 25. Take a photo with them for a donation. More than 50 vendors, .
- draws, raffles, and more 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. At 20605 51B Ave.
- Christmas craft fair From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 25, the public can stop by Chartwell Langley Gardens Retirement Community, 8888 202nd St., for crafts, baking and goodies. Donations of unwrapped toys accepted for the Langley Christmas Bureau.
- Blacklock Holiday Market The second annual market is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 25 at 5100 204th St. Take in vendors, kids crafts, a concession and raffles. One free raffle ticket per person for a food bank donation.
- Silver Jubilee The concert of season favourites by the Langley Community Chorus starts at 3 p.m. on Nov. 25 at the Willoughby Christian Reformed Church, 20525 72nd Ave. $18 for adults and $10 for students (12 and younger admitted free). Available from chorus members, Long and McQuade, 6339 200th St., brownpapertickets.com or facebook.com/langleycommunitychorus.
- North Otter The elementary school’s annual sale is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 25. Stop by 5370 248th St. for crafts, vendors, a bake sale and more. Admission by donation.
- Handel’s Messiah Gloria Dei Chorale concert at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 25 in St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 20676 Fraser Hwy. $20 for those 12 and older. Info: 604-588-6377 or eventbrite.ca.
Nov. 25 and 26
- Bloom Market The $2 admission goes to local charities for the market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 25 and 26 in the Fort Langley Community Hall. More than 30 artisans.
- Pet photos Book a time with the Patti Dale Animal Shelter, 26220 56th Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 26. Minimum $20 donation with $10 per each additional pose. Info: lapsbc.ca.
- Children’s Wish Breakfast New event benefits the Langley Christmas Bureau. Take a new unwrapped toy for a child from birth to 18 to Newlands Golf and Country Club, 21025 48th Ave., between 6:30 and 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 28 to receive a free breakfast. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live charity auction The 23rd annual Murrayville Town Pub, 22070 48A Ave., starts at 7 p.m. on Nov. 30. Bid on collectibles, sports memorabilia, gifts, toys, and much more. Event benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters Langley. Donations accepted. Info: email@example.com or 604-530-5055.
- Christmas market The Walnut Grove Business Association and Kids in the Grove host a market 6 to 9 p.m. on Nov. 30 in West Langley Hall, 9400 208th St. Local businesses, artisans, live entertainment, samples, wine and spirit tasting, and more.
- 108th annual bazaar St. George’s Church, 9160 Church St., has its annual bazaar 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 2. Crafts, baking, books, holiday decor, children’s corner, lunch, and more are on offer. Info: stgeorgeanglican.ca.
- Breakfast with Santa Enjoy pancakes, sausage, bacon, juice, milk and coffee with the jolly ol’ elf as well as crafts, face painting and a magic show on Dec. 2. Runs 9 to 11 a.m. at the Douglas Recreation Centre. $10. Info: 604-514-2940.
- Polar Express Market Stop by Dorothy Peacock Elementary, 20292 91A Ave., for a holiday fair 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 2. The PAC has 20+ vendors, food trucks, a hot cocoa bar, poinsettias, candy cane lane crafts, and more. Admission $2 or canned food (all admission funds and food go to the Langley Food Bank).
- Craft fair Lynn Fripps Elementary PAC, 21020 83rd Ave., has handmade and local items at a fair benefiting the school. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 2. $1 admission or bring a donation for the food bank.
- Holiday market Nicomekl Elementary, 200th Street at 53rd Avenue., has free admission to its sale with more than 30 vendors, cookie decorating, prizes, and a silent auction. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 2. Santa is there 1 to 3 p.m. for photos with a minimum $5 donation. Fair benefits Encompass Support Services Society.
- Craft market The James Kennedy PAC market runs at 9060 212th St. from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 2. More than 60 stalls of decor, crafts, jewelry, art, baking, woodwork and more. Free admission.
- Pioneer Christmas Sessions: 10:30 to noon or 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 2 at the Langley Centennial Museum. Family of four: $10. Enjoy cookie decorating, crafts, colouring, storytelling, pioneer toys, a gift, and a visit from Santa. Registration and info: 604-532-3536 or RecExpress.ca.
- Coghlan PAC The second annual sale at the fundamental school, 4452 256th St., is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 2 with more than 30 vendors, and more.
- Wreath workshop From noon to 4 p.m. on Dec. 2, learn how to make a wreath. $65, includes supplies, instruction and goodies. Must purchase tickets in advance at fortlangleywreath.brownpapertickets.com/.
- Holly & Mistletoe The United Churches of Langley celebration is at 21562 Old Yale Rd. from noon to 6 p.m. on Dec. 2. For all ages. Nativity sets gallery, $7 luncheon, bazaar, crafts for kids, baking, season books, Santa, carols, concert, and more. Free admission. Info: unitedchurchesoflangley.ca.
- Soundscape Christmas The a capella group concert is at 1:30 p.m. on Dec. 2 in the Willoughby Community Hall, 20809 83rd Ave. Limited seating. Advance tickets from chorus members or soundscapesings.ca.
- Magic of Christmas The annual event starts at 4 p.m. on Dec. 2 with entertainment and crafts followed by the parade at 6 p.m. on the one-way section of Fraser Highway, and then a tree lighting in McBurney Plaza and carolling.
- Silver Jubilee The concert of season favourites by the Langley Community Chorus starts at 3 p.m. on Dec. 3 at the United Churches of Langley, 21562 Old Yale Rd. $18 for adults and $10 for students (12 and younger admitted free). Available from chorus members, Long and McQuade, 6339 200th St., brownpapertickets.com or facebook.com/langleycommunitychorus.
- Pyjama storytime The Muriel Arnason Library, 20338 65th Ave., hosts holiday themed stories, songs, rhymes and more. at 7 p.m. on Dec. 6. Kids can wear PJs and bring a stuffie. Free. Info: 604-532-3590.
- Night of Lights Brookswood has family fun 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Dec. 8 at 40th Avenue and 200th Street. See the window decorating contest, meet Elsa, photos with Santa Paws, kids crafts, fill the truck with donations of blankets and warm clothing, hot chocolate, music, treats and more. Info: brookswoodvillage.com.
- Green screen photos Get a photo taken with a Christmas background of your choice using a green screen (photos emailed). Free all ages. Muriel Arnason Library, 20338 65th Ave., from 2:30 to 4:40 p.m. on Dec. 12. Hot chocolate, cookies, and seasonal music. Info: 604-532-3598.