While the romantics will be sharing Valentine’s Day on Friday, the rest of the weekend is all about family here in Langley!
With support from the Provincial and Federal governments and the B.C. Recreation and Parks Association, events are FREE for the whole family – come celebrate! Just remember that all activities require parent participation and must include at least one child.
- Get crafty – Love to draw, paint and make crafts? Join our facilitator for ideas and inspiration, then the rest is up to you! All supplies are provided for this all-ages session, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16 in Multipurpose Room 2.
- Family Day fun – Families with kids to 10 years old can get busy in the gymnasium with bouncy castles, crafts, games and more, from 10 a.m. to noon on Monday, Feb. 17.
- Picture perfect – Create everlasting memories in the photo booth – use the library’s green screen to create a fun family image and receive a free print to take home. Head to the Fraser Valley Regional Library – Langley City Branch from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15.
- Hit the gym –Spend quality time with your toddler (to age 5) in a safe, social and active environment, playing together with a variety of gym equipment, mats, sports equipment, Saturday, Feb. 15 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Older families can shoot hoops, play soccer and enjoy loads of other all-ages activities, Saturday, Feb. 15 from 4 to 5:45 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Parkour – Try the equipment and learn the basics of jumping, safe landing and rolling, climbing, balance and more in this program supervised by instructors from Journey Parkour Ltd. Registration is not required. Drop in to the East Gymnasium Saturday, Feb. 15 from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. (5 to 9 years) and from 2 to 3 p.m. for ages 10+.
- Court sport – Come to the gymnasium from 4 to 5:45 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16 for a family game of badminton, then return Monday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. to try your hand at pickleball, an exciting mash-up of table tennis and badminton using a wooden paddle, wiffle ball and a low net. All equipment provided.
- Spin – Wheel away at this free, indoor cycling class that lets you tackle climbs, sprints and more at your own pace, Monday, Feb. 17 from 3:15 to 4 p.m. in the Spin Room. Ages 11+; pre-registration required.
- Bootcamp busy – Run, jump, do push-ups and more in this fun and energetic version of bootcamp for you and your kids age 8+, Monday, Feb. 17 from 12:15 to 1 p.m. in the Fitness Room.
- Yoga – Spend quality time together in this family yoga session (ages 6+), Sunday, Feb. 16 from 1:15 to 2 p.m. in the Fitness Room.
Zumba – Love to dance? Check out Family Zumba’s kid-friendly dance moves, Monday, Feb. 17 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the Fitness Room. Ages 6+.
With so much to see and do, plan your weekend of family fun at langleycity.ca!