20 Questions: (Click on the question to read any expanded answers provided by candidates).
1. Should a new OCP allow increased density in Brookswood and Fernridge?
2. Should Township council act to slow down development of Willoughby?
3. Does the Township do enough to help ensure there are enough schools in developing areas?
4. Would you vote in favour of a tax increase?
5. Would you support tolling ALL Metro Vancouver bridges to fund transit?
6. Would you support road pricing to fund transit?
7. Would you support increasing property taxes to fund transit?
8. Should a tree protection bylaw be applied to the entire Township?
9. Should developers be required to provide more low-income housing in the Township?
10. Should the Township create more bike lanes and public cycling infrastructure?
11. Do you support the construction of high rise developments in Willoughby?
12. Should the Township open sales of municipal lands to public scrutiny in advance?
13. Should the Township commit to building the Aldergrove rec centre and pool regardless of land sales?
14. Should the Township ensure that roads, sidewalks, and crosswalks are in place prior to the completion of new developments?
15. Is the Township doing enough to protect agricultural land?
16. Does the Township need more parks?
17. Does the Township need more sports and recreation facilities?
18. Should more firefighters be hired, even if it means a tax increase?
19. Should more RCMP officers be hired, even if it means a tax increase?
20. Do you believe Langley Township and City should be amalgamated into one municipality?
Click on the mayoralty candidates names for all their expanded answers:
Click on the councillor candidates names for all their expanded answers:
How the questions were presented to candidates
Each of the Langley Township council candidates for the Nov. 15 municipal elections was provided with 20 questions, along with the following instructions:
Our readers have told us that it is important to them to have a straight-forward reference to help them orient themselves within the range of candidate choices open to them.
To that end, we would ask that you provide a â€˜yesâ€™, â€˜noâ€™ or â€˜donâ€™t knowâ€™ response to each of the questions (except for the un-numbered questions about Township residence).
Any responses left blank or answered with anything other than yes, no or donâ€™t know will be left blank.
Candidates can give expanded answers to any of these questions, which we can feature on www.langleyadvance.com. Some expanded answers may appear in our print edition. Please indicate which are the top three answers you would prefer to see printed.