xx

Battery possible cause of house fire in Walnut Grove

No injuries reported in Tuesday night blaze

A lithium battery may have been the cause of a house fire in Walnut Grove on Tuesday night, Oct. 18.

Township of Langley fire crews were called to the 9200-block of 202B Street at 9:50 p.m. and arrived to find light smoke showing.

Assistant fire chief Andy Hewitson said fire fighters mounted an interior attack and were able to contain the blaze to the house garage, where it appeared the fire had originated, in a lithium battery for a dirt bike.

Hewitson called it a “good stop” by the crews.

No one was injured, but two occupants of the house were displaced for the evening due to smoke.

The first-alarm fire drew 17 firefighters from two halls and four fire department vehicles.

READ ALSO: 25 firefighters from three stations battle structure fire in Langley’s Walnut Grove

RED ALSO: VIDEO: Barn fire closes 40th Avenue in Brookswood


Have a story tip? Email: dan.ferguson@langleyadvancetimes.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

fireLangley Township

Be Among The First To Know

Create a free account today, and start receiving free newsletters.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up