1. Should a new OCP allow increased density in Brookswood and Fernridge?
Yes, but how much density is the question – perhaps larger lots are more suitable for parts of Brookswood but density is likely required in the village centre – the revised plan needs to be a top priority for the new council with lots of public input *
2. Should Township council act to slow down development of Willoughby?
No – The plan for Willoughby was adopted many years ago and the finished community will be just as successful as Walnut grove. The market will decide the rate of growth – the best thing is to see the neighbourhood completed. Letâ€™s follow through with the plan! *
3. Does the Township do enough to help ensure there are enough schools in developing areas?
Yes – the Township has secured the lands for schools, but of course itâ€™s the Province that builds them – not local government.
8. Should a tree protection bylaw be applied to the entire Township?
No – the make up of the Township with the majority of the lands within the ALR makes is far to complicated to apply Township wide.
10. Should the Township create more bike lanes and public cycling infrastructure?
Yes – and for accessibility
13. Should the Township commit to building the Aldergrove rec centre and pool regardless of land sales?
Yes – and that commitment has already been made – the new council needs to determine the size and scope of the project and therefore the cost.*
14. Should the Township ensure that roads, sidewalks, and crosswalks are in place prior to the completion of new developments?
Yes it does – these works are concurrent with and dependent upon development.
15. Is the Township doing enough to protect agricultural land?
Yes – and it is always the ALC that makes the final decision on the use of ALR lands.
18. Should more firefighters be hired, even if it means a tax increase?
Yes – I canâ€™t see any way to hire more firefighters without increasing the budget.
19. Should more RCMP officers be hired, even if it means a tax increase?
Yes – I canâ€™t see any way to hire more police without impacting the budget.
20. Do you believe Langley Township and City should be amalgamated into one municipality?
No – unless the City wants to!