An electrical short is believed responsible for a Tuesday afternoon Langley house fire on 32nd Avenue west of 200th Street.
Five Langley Township fire department vehicles and crews responded to the call around 4 p.m. and quickly extinguished the blaze.
A B.C. Hydro truck and crew was called in to disconnect the power line.
Because asbestos was discovered in the older residential building, firefighters underwent “on-scene decontamination” at the site, deputy fire chief Bruce Ferguson told the Langley Advance Times.
Ferguson said no one was home when the fire broke out.
A neighbour said the fire was in a three bedroom house that was undergoing renovations.
Crews blocked off traffic in the area around the intersection of 32nd Avenue near 200th Street for about an hour-and-a-half.