You’ve seen it on TSN and Discovery. This is the ‘Toughest Two Minutes in Sports!’
The Scott FireFit Championships will see Fire Fighters from B.C., Alberta and Washington State race themselves and the clock to see who is the fastest in the Pacific.
It runs Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27 at Philip Jackman Park, 27101 – 32 Avenue, Aldergrove
• Saturday Opening Ceremonies 12:30 p.m.
• Sunday Opening Ceremonies 11 a.m.
• Defending Canadian and World Championship Team, Kamloops, will be in attendance with Men’s World Record Holder Graham McKenzie looking to break his own record of 1 minute 15 seconds and 66 one-hundredths. This is something you won’t want to miss.
• The Township of Langley Fire Fighters will host a beer garden with all profits going towards the construction of the new turf pitch at Aldergrove Athletic Park.
• The Lion’s Club will be cooking up a storm in the concession and keeping those hunger pangs at bay.
• Come out and give your soccer skills a challenge in the Aldergrove United Soccer Club Skills Area. See how fast you can kick a soccer ball. How about your accuracy in passing? What about hitting the net? Give our soccer skills a go and help us raise funds for the new turf pitch.
• Come and have a picture taken. Rod Weins of Motion In Sports Photography will be on hand to take some great shots. Great time for a family photo too.
• Like cars? There will be some beauties on display from the Triumph Car Registry. Don’t miss a one of a kind Dodge Coronet and the Township of Langley’s own Antique Fire Truck.
• In the evening you can show off your singing skills at the Fox & Hound Restaurant Pub with their Karaoke night.
• Fundraiser in support of Aldergrove Artificial Turf Pitch, sponsored by RE/MAX Aldercenter, Home Hardware Aldergrove, The Fox & Hound Restaurant & Pub, Yellow Fence Rentals, Aldergrove Star.
For more information contact: