Fridge fire sends Langley woman to hospital

Fridge fire sends Langley woman to hospital

Late afternoon blaze blamed on short circuit



An electrical fault in a residential refrigerator is blamed for causing a fire that sent an elderly Langley woman to hospital Friday.Langley Township firefighters rescued the sleeping woman from her bedroom in the house in the 21000 block of Crush Crescent around 4:30 p.m.She was taken to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.Damage from the fire was estimated at $150,000. On Saturday, a pile of newspapers caught fire outside a North Langley townhouse in the 20800 block of 88 Avenue around 7 p.m. Saturday night.Damage was estimated at $4,500.There was no report of injuries.The blaze is considered suspicious.

Be Among The First To Know

Create a free account today, and start receiving free newsletters.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image