Langley City Fire Rescue Captain Dave Sanders examines the source of an apartment fire Tuesday morning in the 20200 block of Michaud. No one was hurt in the fire, which damaged one suite. An electrical short-circuit is believed to blame.

Langley City Fire Rescue Captain Dave Sanders examines the source of an apartment fire Tuesday morning in the 20200 block of Michaud. No one was hurt in the fire, which damaged one suite. An electrical short-circuit is believed to blame.

Short-circuit suspected in Langley City fire

Tenant of second floor apartment escapes uninjured

The tenant of a second-floor apartment in the 20200 block of Michaud thought he could smell something odd Monday night (July 22), but he couldn’t locate the source.

Early Tuesday morning (July 23), he was forced to flee the smoke-filled suite.

Langley Fire Rescue arrived at the scene around 7 a.m. and quickly extinguished the blaze, which burned a hole through the exterior wall underneath one window of the suite.

The cause of the fire appears to have been an electrical short-circuit.

The tenant was not hurt.