Organizers of the highly popular Squamish Valley Music Festival announced they are cancelled the event.
In a post on their website on Wednesday, they said they have made the “extremely difficult decision” not to proceed with this year’s event, which was set to take place in August.
“This decision was not made lightly and we sincerely apologize to all the people this decision affects: the fans, artists, industry partners, corporate partners, suppliers and all of our supporters within the community of Squamish,” the statement said.
No reason was provided for the cancellation. All social media accounts for the event had been removed.
In past years, the three-day festival has welcomed headliners such as Drake, Eminem, Sam Smith and Queens of the Stone Age.