An Osoyoos woman had a scare when a knife-wielding woman rang her doorbell and asked to see her baby. Contributed photo

Woman charged after allegedly threatening Osoyoos mom, newborn

Mother and child’s home invaded by a knife-wielding woman

The woman involved in an alleged home invasion incident in Osoyoos remains in RCMP custody. She is expected to make her first appearance in court in Penticton Friday (Aug. 10) afternoon.

Sharon Constance Forner, age 45, has been charged with one count each of assault with a weapon, break and enter to commit an Indictable offence and possession of a weapon — a knife — for a purpose dangerous to the public peace or the purpose of committing an offence.

Forner was arrested on the afternoon of Aug. 9 and is suspected of threatening a mother and her newborn earlier that day in their Osoyoos home.

The mother, who asked to remain anonymous for safety reasons, said she was home alone with her baby when she heard a knock at the door. She looked on her security system and was immediately concerned, seeing a “creepy” woman standing on her step. After the mother ignored the knocking, the woman let herself in.

“She then walked inside my house and said ‘I wanted to see the baby,’ I then said, ‘Well, you shouldn’t walk into people’s houses especially since you don’t know them,’” explained the mother. The woman eventually produced a knife as the mother was trying to get rid of her.

The mother pushed her into the yard before locking the front door and calling the police.

“I was standing there waiting for her to leave, she then ran inside my house with a butcher knife charging at me I threw her outside my house and ran to get my big dog who was freaking out in the back,” said the mother, explaining the woman returned to her property in the afternoon where police put her in handcuffs and took her away.

Anyone who has any information about this incident is asked to contact Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Related: Woman arrested after allegedly threatening Osoyoos woman and newborn

To report a typo, email:
newstips@pentictonwesternnews.com
.


@PentictonNews
newstips@pentictonwesternnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Langley daycare investigated after staffer allegedly threatens child

Fraser Health ordered the centre to come up with a plan to fix the issue

Driver flees Aldergrove hit-and-run, dumps smoking car

Driver of a grey van rear-ended another vehicle at the corner of 272 Street and Fraser Highway.

When gas prices go up, Aldergrove residents head South

Overal reduction in Canadian cross border traffic, but one reason has locals heading South

Conservatives, PPC prepare to nominate in Langley-Aldergrove

The two parties are about to select their candidates for the next federal election

MP seeks to honour Langley’s environmental heroes

Nominations are open for the Langley Environmental Heroes Awards until April 19

UPDATE: Four victims identified in deadly Penticton shooting spree

John Brittain, 68, faces three counts of first-degree murder and one count of second-degree murder

Prince George sweeps to first-ever BC Hockey League crown

Spruce Kings beat Vernon Vipers 3-1 in the Okanagan Wednesday for 13th straight playoff win

Hwang’s first MLS goal lifts Whitecaps to 1-0 win over LAFC

Vancouver picks up first victory of season

Man identified in Vancouver’s fourth homicide of the year

30-year-old man was not known to police

RCMP locate missing Colony Farm psychiatric patient

Patient left last week on day pass from the hospital in Coquitlam

600 volunteers sign up to recall Maple Ridge MLAs over housing problems

Organizer urges province to reconsider position on Burnett modulars

Child-proof your windows ahead of warm weather: B.C. expert

Fifteen children were taken to BC Children’s Hospital for falls in 2018

B.C. trucker pleads guilty to lesser charges in fatal Manitoba crash

Gurjant Singh was fined $3,000 and given a one-year driving prohibition.

Australian author reacts to Chilliwack school trustee’s ‘book banning’ statements

John Marsden responds to ‘horror and outrage’ from adults about mildly sexual thoughts in his novel

Most Read