The Vancouver Stealth announced the active and practice rosters for the upcoming 2017/18 National Lacrosse League season.
Based out of the Langley Events Centre, the Stealth’s home opener will be Dec. 8 against the Colorado Mammoth.
The team’s offense includes the Stealth’s all-time leading scorer Rhys Duch, NLL MVP nominee, Corey Small, NLL’s 2014 Rookie of the Year, Logan Schuss, 2015 NLL Teammate of the Year, Joel McCready, second-year players James Rahe and Evan Messenger as well as newcomer Tony Malcom.
The defense and transition will be led by Captain Matt Beers and returning veterans Ian Hawksbee, Pete McFetridge, Chris O’Dougherty, Justin Salt and Cliff Smith.
“I was very impressed with the guys we brought to camp, it was a very tough selection process this year and there are a lot of good lacrosse players who did not make this team,” said head coach and assistant general manager Jamie Batley. “Conditioning has been a major focus again this year and I know the guys will be ready to go on Dec. 8th inside Langley Events Centre.”
There are 16 returning members currently on the active and practice rosters, while the Stealth acquired Tony Malcom and Brodie MacDonald separately in the offseason, they drafted Ryan Fournier and signed free agents Brandon Goodwin, Patrick O’Meara, Tyson Roe, Andrew Suitor and Cody Teichroeb,
2017/18 Vancouver Stealth Roster:
- Forwards (seven): Rhys Duch, Tony Malcom, Joel McCready, Evan Messenger, James Rahe, Logan Schuss and Corey Small.
- Defense/Transition (11): Matt Beers, Brandon Clelland, Travis Cornwall, Ryan Fournier, Brandon Goodwin, Ian Hawksbee, Pete McFetridge, Chris O’Dougherty, Justin Salt, Cliff Smith and Andrew Suitor.
- Goalies (two): Tye Belanger and Brodie MacDonald
- Practice Roster (four): Patrick O’Meara, Eric Penney, Tyson Roe and Cody Teichroeb.
- Injured Reserve (three): Jon Harnett, Thomas Hoggarth and Casey Jackson