The 21st annual Realtors Care Blanket Drive kicks off Nov. 16, with thousands of blankets, coats, gloves and warm clothes being collected for families in need.
This is the Lower Mainland’s largest and longest-running blanket drive, providing warm clothing and blankets to more than 19,000 people in need each year.
On until Nov. 23, realtors across the region will collect clothing donations, then sort and deliver them to local charities and organizations.
In Langley, the drive will support the Gateway of Hope (Salvation Army), the Ishtar Transition Housing Society, and Wagner Hills Ministry.
Donations of new socks and underwear, blankets, winter coats, women’s and children’s clothing, men’s shoes and blankets are needed most. The drive also accepts sleeping bags and other warm clothing including jeans, pants, sweaters, scarves, gloves, mitts and hats.
Last year, 152 bags of blankets and clothing were collected in Langley — their largest amount in 20 years.
Those who wish to donate can drop clothing off at nine realtor locations in Langley:
• RE/MAX Little Oak Realty, 9148 Glover Rd.
• HomeLife Benchmark Realty, 6323 197 St.
• Macdonald Realty, 22424 Fraser Hwy
• Prudential-Power Play Realty, 20585 Fraser Hwy
• RE/MAX Treeland Realty, 101-6337 198 St.
• Royal LePage Wolstencroft, 110-19925
• Sutton Group-West Coast, 156-19653
• HomeLife Benchmark, 201-20999 88 Ave.
• RE/MAX Lifestyles Realty, 8-8880 202 St.
For more information and to see a full list of participants in B.C., visit www.blanketdrive.ca.