In the run-up to the May 27 Relay for Life, a number of teams have organized.
* Newlands Amazing Soles is hosting their annual pub night on Friday, May 13 at Newlands Bar and Grill from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets are $20 and available at the Newlands Fitness Centre at 21025 – 48 Ave. Silent auction and 50/50 draw.
• Do you want to learn to belly dance? Lausanne of the Caregivers MRSV Relay Team, is holding a fun-filled belly dancing lesson on Sunday, May 15 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Dancing for Dessert Studio at #3, 20279 – 97 Ave. Cost is $20 for a 1 ½ hour dancing lesson; a healthy snack and water will be provided. Bring a scarf that will fit around your hips, and wear a comfy yoga outfit or long skirt. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call: 778 829-9190.
• Gallery Gals are hosting a fun tennis afternoon on Wednesday, May 11 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Walnut Grove Tennis Courts on Walnut Grove Drive. Teams will consist of three men and three ladies, and captains will be appointed by team members. Participation is with a $20 donation. Phone Marg at 604 888-4788 or Jennifer at 604 856-2639 Cookies and juice will be served after the games.
• Live Love Laugh for Sharon are hosting spring mini-photo sessions with two local photographers on Saturday, May 14 at Derby Reach Park from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. $50 minimum donation, children and families are welcome. To schedule appointment call 778 808-1881 or email email@example.com.
• New Beginnings are hosting their annual strawberry tea and fashion show on May 15 at Fleetwood Hall (corner of 84 Avenue and 160 Street). Tickets are $15 each and include strawberry shortcake, tea and coffee, and a fashion show featuring local models including Shannon Todd Booth, RFL co-ordinator and her daughters, and Carissa Halley, RFL online co-ordinator and her daughter to join the show. Door prizes and a basket raffle worth over $200. Tickets, three for $5, will be drawn at the show. For tickets or information contact Doreen at 604 576-0937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gallery Gals will sell some treasures at the Fort Langley May Day Parade on Monday, May 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Check out gently used jewelry, DVDs, CDs and books, or stop by and buy a coffee, popcorn or a cookie after the parade. at the Birthplace of B.C. Gallery, 9054 Glover Rd., Fort Langley.