How do you maintain a successful business for 32 years and counting? Treat your customers with care and respect, so they want to come back.
“We have a very loyal client base who return to us time and again. In many cases, we have multiple generations of families,” says Andrew McCaron, owner of West Coast Optical, which has been helping Surrey see better since 1989. “Referrals are huge, and we’re grateful that clients continue to recommend us to friends and coworkers.”
What makes the optometry and eye glass specialist so easy to love?
- Long term staff: “We don’t have a lot of turn-over in our staff — many have been with us for a decade or more, which means we’re able to give our clients consistent service,” Andrew says. “We’re committed to building a loyal client base, and going the extra mile to make sure every customer is completely satisfied. This means expediting repairs when glasses break on a weekend, taking the time to hunt down the perfect frame style, and keeping prices low. Our after-sales staff is just as important as the initial sale. We offer unlimited adjustments, free nose pads and anti-reflection solution refills, all at no charge.”
- In-store lab: West Coast Optical has a computerized three-dimensional tracer/edging machine to cut lenses and customize them to your frames. That means you can expect a perfect fit between your lens and frame, and your lenses will never fall out. This also allows you to update your lenses, keeping your existing frames while the new lenses are being manufactured. With the in-store lab, when the new lenses arrive it only takes 30 minutes to cut the lenses into your existing frames (for most prescriptions).
- Community service: When you’re part of the community, you want to give back. So every year West Coast Optical takes time to share the love they’ve received from clients, by supporting local charities. “We also collect old glasses and make sure they get to people around the world who are in need,” Andrew says.
- No-hassle guarantee: West Coast Optical’s devoted clients write glowing reviews, and many mention the store’s commitment to customer-satisfaction. “I live in Langley and have raised four kids here, all four have required glasses as well as myself. My family have been clients of West Coast Optical since approximately 1990. That is a lot of glasses! I have always appreciated the excellent service as well as the unfailing product warranty (four kids remember),” writes Roberta Yoblonski Mercier. “Andrew and staff go the extra mile to get you what you need literally as fast as they can.”
- Designer style: The store carries all your favourite brands, plus top quality non-brand frames to accommodate all budgets and styles. The 30-day exchange guarantee also helps ensure you’re satisfied. “Your first pair of glasses can be a big change, which is why our opticians and frame stylists are on-hand to offer guidance and support,” Andrew says.
Contest alert! Enter to win $250 Gift Card from West Coast Optical. Click here to enter!