The most cherished wedding memories come from our experiences surrounding our magical day – experiences many have dreamed of for years. The right settings – for the marriage service, for the honeymoon or for our guests – are at the heart of many of these memories.
Many couples are looking for a unique place to hold their ceremony, but also to find ways to create pre- and post-wedding memories, says Wally Martin, who operates the historic Princess and the Pea Bed and Breakfast in Langley with his wife, Sharon.
“Many young women have been planning their wedding since they were five years old,” says Wally, noting that the B&B’s name speaks to their commitment to helping create a fairy tale-style day. “We have been intimately involved in that process for many years.”
Preparing for the wedding, getting married, taking photos in a picturesque setting and even staying overnight in this updated and charming 1870s character hotel can make the day even more unique for the happy couple.
The Princess and the Pea can help you create a magical experience:
- Share a piece of local history – Do you have special guests coming from out of town? Offer them a chance to experience a piece of Langley history at the oldest hotel on its original site on the old Gold Rush trail.
- From anniversaries to at-home holidays – If you’re looking to rekindle memories of your special day here, or relax in a unique staycation site, the six individually appointed rooms offer a romantic setting where you can reconnect.
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast – With organic and gluten-free food options available for your continental breakfast, you can start your day in a healthy way!
- Give a stay as a gift – If you’re looking for a unique way to give someone a break from their daily routine, an overnight stay here can make the ideal anniversary or wedding gift.
- Did you know? The Princess and the Pea, a fairy tale that saw its popularity surge with the translation to English in 1846 of Hans Christian Andersen’s story, has been published in dozens of languages worldwide. Wally and Sharon collect versions of the story encourage their guests to bring them new ones.
Of course, it isn’t only wedding parties who appreciate the unique setting of the Princess and the Pea Bed and Breakfast. For out-of-town competitors taking part in equestrian events in Langley and nearby areas, the Princess and the Pea offers a central location where they can lay their heads down after a busy day in the riding ring.
To learn more about the Princess and the Pea Bed and Breakfast, call Wally or Sharon at 604-833-9605, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visitprincessbnb.com. You’re also welcome to drop by and take a tour, just call ahead.