The folks at JD Farms Specialty Turkey are ready to celebrate … and you’re invited!
The 12th annual fall festival and customer appreciation day comes to the Langley farm Sept. 7, packed with fun for all ages – and lots of great food – from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m!
A family farm founded by Jack & Debbie Froese, in addition to raising natural, grain-fed turkeys for families and retailers for more than 30 years, JD Farms serves more than 130 wholesome, nutritious products and dishes from its country-style deli and bistro.
The duo founded the fall fair a dozen years ago as a way to thank the community for that longstanding support, says the Froeses’ daughter Marilyn, who with brother Jason looks after much of the farm’s daily management today, along with sister Jennifer.
“As a family-run farm and business, we just wanted to bring the community together to have fun, enjoy some amazing food and give something back as well,” Marilyn says.
Hundreds are expected throughout the day, but don’t worry, there’s lots of food and fun on order:
- Hit the Grill: Aldergrove Rotary Club members will be at the grill from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., serving up smokies, pop and chips by donation in support of Terry Fox Foundation. Other tasty favourites include Veronica’s Perogies, plus a host of food and beverage samples, including wine, beer and cider from KIS Consulting!
- Entertaining ideas: Toes will be tapping throughout the day as Fort Langley’s Sean Michal Simpson – a.k.a. Johnny Bootleg – entertains with your favourite top 40 tunes, blues, classic rock, alt-rock and more.
- Family-friendly fun: Bring the kids for all their favourite activities, including facepainting and balloon art from Madame Butterfly, a bouncy castle and of course, the Eagle Acres petting zoo. There’ll be pony rides sponsored by C&D Logistics and for the tots who love trucks, Langley firefighters will have a firetruck for tours, and don’t miss Kim’s Angels’ trademark pink ambulance.
- GIANTS in the house: The Vancouver Giants will also be in the house, along with their newly wrapped Zamboni!
- Ready to win! With loads of giveaways and hourly prizes, listen for your chance to go home with some awesome goodies.
Turkeys at JD Farms enjoy a non-GMO and grain-fed diet without medications or animal by-products, and free run of spacious, well-ventilated barns.
Visit the Deli, Bistro & Store at 24726 – 52nd Ave, Langley year-round, Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Discover whole fresh and frozen turkeys, plus 130 turkey products – fresh deli cuts, hand-made sausages and wholesome ready-made meals, including turkey lasagna, pizza, cannelloni, soups and meat pies. All ready-made meals are from JD Farms’ own recipes, using only JD Farms-certified specialty turkey meat.