Barn fire burns licensed marijuana grow-op

Early morning blaze that likely started in an electrical panel caused extensive damage

  • Nov. 19, 2012 6:00 a.m.

A barn fire Saturday took place at a facility with a licence to produce medicinal marijuana.

Langley Township fire department was on the scene for three to four hours after getting the call at 3:14 p.m., said assistant chief Pat Walker. Three fire halls responded.

Damage to the barn, located in the 2500 block of 208 Street, was extensive, but the building can be repaired, Walker said. The fire is believed to have started in an electrical panel and spread to the second floor.

Langley RCMP and the B.C. Ambulance Service were also on hand, but there were no injuries.

Be Among The First To Know

Create a free account today, and start receiving free newsletters.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image