A fire in a dryer caused a temporary evacuation of all the residents living at the West Country Hotel on Friday afternoon.
Around 3:30 p.m., Langley City Fire were called to the hotel, located in the 20200 block of 56 Avenue.
The small fire was put out quickly and there was some smoke on the second floor. Firefighters used fans to push the smoke out. No one was injured and residents were allowed to go back in by 4:15 p.m.
Fire chief Rory Thompson said this isn’t the first time this year they have been called out for a dryer fire at the hotel.
He confirmed that the fire alarms didn’t sound, but the fire extinguishers in the building are up to date.