A burning cigarette caused a house to catch fire at 7182 199A Crescent on Friday around 5:20 p.m. Damage is estimated around $200,000.

A burning cigarette caused a house to catch fire at 7182 199A Crescent on Friday around 5:20 p.m. Damage is estimated around $200,000.

Langley weekend fires ruled accidental

Township firefighters called out to three separate incidents

Township firefighters went out to three structure fires over the weekend.

On Friday, around 5:20 p.m., they were called to a house fire at 7182 199A Crescent where a cigarette or some kind of smoking material caught the outside of the house on fire.

Firefighters were able to put out the blaze but there is around $200,000 damage to the home and $70,000 loss of contents to smoke and water inside.  There is nothing suspicious about the fire, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson. While out to that call, firefighters were called to a garage fire in the 24200 block of 46A Avenue.

The cause was electrical and there was minimum damage.

On Saturday, a construction crew put out a fire that was set by accident by a roofer’s torch at a construction site of an apartment complex at 20211 66 Avenue.

The crew managed to douse the flames before firefighters got there. Damage was only $2,000.